Thursday 29 June 2017

a little uncanny

Not much time to tangle this week - but how could I resist the Diva's invitation to play with Aquafleur

I took a rather yucky yellow tile and went all angular on it - inspired by Rick's Aquafleur triangle and the Aquafleur with a hollow middle on Shelley Beauch's blog this week.  I also popped in a few Deco-style fillers which I've been playing around with all week.


As I was tangling my partner was busy in our kitchen, baking a surprise cake for my birthday tomorrow.  When we'd both finished our makings I went through and she revealed the cake to me - lemon and poppyseed.  I had no idea what she was planning and she had no idea what I was tangling - but if ever a cake and a tile could match, these surely do!

6 comments:

  1. Happy, happy birthday to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! This is fantastic! I love the angular composition and your detailing. Best of all: HaPpY hApPy BiRtHdAy JeM!!! Now I know why we're such good ZenPals-my birthday is on Tuesday;-) Have a lovely week. That cake sounds amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fascinating tile, and the cake sounds wonderful. Hope your birthday was, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, this tile is stunning!!!! I LOVE what you created. Happy Birthday!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice work on your Aquafleur. Like the background color.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope you had a wonderful birthday. Poppy seed cake is my favorite! I'll bet it was delicious. Your variation on Aquafleur is very dramatic and creative!

    ReplyDelete